Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Craft Ideas for Kids


I saw this idea on http://kidscraftweekly.com. My kids both really enjoyed this craft and made several trees.

What you will need:

Heavy green cardstock or cardboard cut into triangles (If using cardboard have the kids paint the triangles green)
Clothespins
A package of sequins
Glitter glue
Markers
Foam or other Christmas stickers

After the trees have been decorated clip a clothespin on the bottom of each tree for the tree trunks.



I saw this idea on www.kraftykid.com. The shaving cream mixture dries puffy. My kids both enjoyed this craft as well. Here is what you will need:

Heavy blue card stock paper
Shaving Cream
White Elmer's glue
Black and orange card stock for the nose, eyes, hat, and pieces of coal
Markers

Directions:

Mix equal parts of the shaving cream and glue. Mix well. I had the kids draw an outline of a snowman with a pencil first and then gave them foam paint brushes to fill it in with the mixture. Then I cut out black hats and orange noses. I used a hole punch for the eyes and pieces of coal. After the mixture dried they glued on the hat, eyes, pieces of coal and nose. Then they decorated their pictures with markers.